Quote:
Originally posted by solohiker:
Sorry if I came across as a hard case. Right hand on the shifter, left hand on the phone and steering with the knee is perfectly fine. [Sleep]
Man, your not thinking clearly. Look, I'm left handed, having my left hand on the wheel at the 12 position and my right on the shifter is comfortable to me. Are there times I steer with both hands? Yes. Sometimes I talk on the phone, using my right hand.

I guess its all in how you are raised. I grew up using different farming equipment, not lawn equipment mind you. Tractors with bush hogs, disc's, plows, grader blades and grader boxes. You have to keep 1 hand on the equipment control and 1 hand on the wheel. If you don't pay attention you can bog the tractor, turn the bush hog into a rock chipper or rip the blade off on a tree.

Now maybe you took your first driving lesson in High School where the instructor beat it into your head to keep both hands on the wheel. Thats fine, if it works for you. But I never bothered with that as it wasn't offered in my school.

If you need to bitch about someones driving, I'm sure theres an idiot offroader or a guy wanting to do 110MPH in his X on here somewhere. smile