I've seen that site before, as well as others, and nothing in it seems surprising. In fact it supports my earlier comments. I don't waste time talking about dino oils because for normal use they are practically interchangable. However, one statement on that web page need to be taken to heart by 4x4 drivers...

"The extended oil drain intervals given by the vehicle manufacturers(typically 7500 miles) and synthetic oil companies(up to 25,000 miles) are for what is called normal service. Normal service is defined as the engine at normal operating temperature, at highway speeds, and in a dust free environment. Stop and go, city driving, trips of less than 10 miles, or exterme heat or cold puts the oil change interval into the severe service category, which is 3000 miles for most vehicles. "

Hey, its your engine. You do what you want to. But I am perfectly happy running synthetics in my vehicles and will continue to do so until something makes me change my ways. By and large, so many people disregard basic upkeep, I'm even amazed that we have these discussions about oil.

Here's a question... how many of you actually flush your cooling system at the specified intervals? Or how many of you flush your brakes fluid every 1-2 years? Think your dealer is doing it? Ask them.

-P