The stock frame horns can be uneven...I had weld buggers on my X I had to grind down to make them even....possibly your '05 has a similar issue...the mounting bolt holes are oval, so its also possible to compensate for that when mounting the bumper.

As to your crazy doodle bug posture...that's definetely not normal...with a winch and bumper, I barely sagged at all, less than 1/4" - same with the rear bumper...the truck barely felt it.

To drop my front end 1.5" and pop my ass up, I think I'd have to put like 500 lb on my front bumper....I've winched stuck trucks out of mud holes w/o drooping the front as much as your describing.

You may just have weak front coils...it happens, just like some people got weak t-bars from the factory, etc...

Some '05's had very weak rear leaves too...and the suspensions bottomed out a lot.....perhaps this is a related issue?

Anyway....its all fixable.

BTW - I HOPE you know that the X is DESIGNED to have the front about an inch to an inch and a half lower than the rear....and that you are not just first noticing this now that you put a bumper on.

IE: If you say you sagged the front end 1.5"....that means the front end is NOW about 3" lower than the rear end.

A BL will not help the rake of course, as it has nothing to do with the suspension...and raises the front and back evenly....but at least the bumper can be raised to handle it....giving another set of holes to work out an even mount, etc....if that aspect proves useful....and your horns are straight, etc.

Post a few pics....we can probably tell what you're up against that way.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif