Looking at RedLine's site about to buy some of their LSD friction modifier in the hopes of making my LSD actually WORK worth a damn and noticed they have 75W90 and 75W90-NS oils. The regular 75W90 already has the LSD friction modifiers, the NS doesn't. The NS type says "recommended for manual transmissions and non-limited-slip transaxles that recommend 90 WT oils. Can be used in racing limited-slip units to increase lockup and reduce wheel spin" which I take to read that the friction modifiers actually make the LSD less effective.
Indeed, I just got off the phone with a tech at RedLine. Told him I was running Mobil 1 (which includes the modifier) w/ my LSD and I wasn't satisfied with the performance of the LSD and I was about to buy some of Redline's LSD friction modifier additive thinking it would make the LSD operate better until I read what they said about their NS-type oil.
He agreed and said I was going in the wrong direction. Adding the modifier only makes things more slippery and the clutches would be less likely to grab and kick the LSD into action. His advice was to go with an additive-free oil like their NS-type and add just enough of the additive to get rid of any chatter in turns.

Well, back to the old drawing board!
Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!