Well, I am about as local (oakdale) as you will find for NCCX people. And I had a 2000 se 4x4..
I put a AC 3-pack and calmini a-arms on mine, with a calmini bumper, and harbor freight 9k winch.
The trail out of camp wamp is fairly easy, (Huey made it out in 2wd with his locker after blowing a front hub). The trail in isn't to bad, jsut watch your lines. There is one place that everyone got strapped (except me) up. (I piled more rocks then could be counted).
The side steps will get trashed unless you are REAL careful (that is where I lost mine). unless you ram the grill guard into somthing, don't worry about it.
For the most part it is like every other overnight trip the group takes, you drive it in, you drive it out. Bring water & food for yourself, and somthing to share at a campfire.
Stay close enough to the truck in front to see where they put their tires, bot not close enough to eat a rock they throw on the uphill, or slide into them on the downhill. A cb or frs radio is a big help, trail mix / granola bars are great to share. Sodas generally don't like being bounced over rocks, beer does fine. Unless you have a marine battery the plug in coolers will kill it by morning. Skeeter spray is your friend.