I'm happy to report that I think I fixed it after all!!
The service manual told me to loosen and re-tighten the grounds on the intake manifold, that didn't work, which is why I thought I needed a new sensor. Well, before I dove in and did a sensor bypass, I figured I would do a real good job cleaning and checking the wiring. I removed the grounds and used a scotchbrite pad on the terminal and the surface of the manifold at the screw contact point. I then cleaned it with contact cleaner and screwed it back on. I then took the connector apart, sprayed it with contact cleaner. I then bent the two terminals in the connector for the knock sensor, just a hair, so the terminal pushed against the wall of the female side, when it got plugged back in. Just a warning though, if you are going to bend the terminal, make sure you don't do it too much, or you will ruin the connector!! When you are done, you shouldn't even be able to tell it was moved by looking at it. I would say I may have moved it about 1/2mm. Even then, when I tried to plug it back together, I had to wiggle the connector a little to get it to line up properly, so be careful!!
I then cleared my codes, drove the drive cycle and the scangauge finally showed up with a No Codes....READY, meaning I'm good to go!! Anyway, thanks for all the help, I guess the guys who said that it is usually not the sensor and it is just dirty connectors was correct in my case. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope it wasn't just a fluke. I don't think it was, because I was continuously getting a code after resetting every day, for about a half a month now.