Bad news, it WAS a fluke and cleaning the grounds and connector didn't fix the knock sensor code. The code came back after another hot and cold cycle. I'm not happy about that, but I did the knock sensor relocation and all went well so far. I decided to just remove the required terminals from the connector and the other terminals from the Maxima harness. I plugged the terminals into each other, then put heat shrink tubing around the connection. That was followed up by wire loom around everything, and zip tied everything to the factory wiring harness, everything looks good and it looks factory. Now I just have to hope that it is fixed. I went through a hot and cold cycle once already, and it still didn't spit a code, so I should be ok. As far as the wiring harness, there is only one wire coming out of the harness on the knock sensor side. On the other side of the Maxima harness, I attached the clear wire of the harness to the white (looks yellowed) wire on the valve cover harness and the black wire of the Maxima harness to the grey wire on the valve cover harness. All is well so far, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!