Yeah - Two bumper drop shackles and a snatch block, tree straps, etc... are on board, in case I am ever so stuck (Or a compadre is...) that I need that gear ratio to pull hard enough.

Of course, with 25% more rope than rated, the new final wrap would pull even less than the 6,940 lb mentioned, perhaps more like 6,200 lb, due to the even larger effective final drive diameter...which is really closer to the weight of the truck's fully loaded condition.

Most of the places I go, where I'm likely to need the winch, seem to involve a good walk to find something to attach to...or just another (not yet stuck...) truck...and if the other truck isn't stuck, it can typically move further away if it has to....and if its the other truck that's stuck...I can back up instead.

laugh

Come to think of it...its usually more line speed, rather than more power, I'd miss in the past.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif