Yeah I learned that lesson yesterday. I know, I know... never go 4-wheelin' alone. But I have no choice since only 2 of my friends have vehicles capable of such play but are complete wusses about using them for such. "I don't want to scratch my truck". UGH. But I digress.

Anyway, I did a similar thing along the power lines down the road from me. Been through there last summer, knew it'd be a but deeper b/c of all the snow melting in the last few days, but...

... I was plodding along in about 3-4" of muddy water and suddenly it became 6-8" of thicker mud under a thin layer of water. I got through it though, barely. My wheels started to spin a little, but I adjusted and they bit in again. ...phew... I'm learning.

Problem is I had to turn around and go back through it to get out. At least then I was ready for it and came in with a bit more momentum to keep me moving without spinning my wheels.

I really need to buy a come-along before doing something like that alone again. No. What I really need is an ARB and a decent winch. But no $$$ for that now.

------------------
later,
Rob

2000 Super Black SE 4x4, 5spd
=========================
"not all those who wander are lost"
-J.R.R. Tolkien

"not all those who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien