Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:

1. Rotate the cruise control unit, and slide down the fender slightly. Install bumper on top of fender. no special brackets involved. Time to do it: 'Bout 20 minutes, tops.

2. Save yourself the time and trouble, and buy a reputable air compressor. The ARB just plain doesn't cut it.

3. And if you actually plan on airing up tires with it, please remember to bring a chair, umbrella, and a jug of lemonade, because you will be sitting there a long, long, long time, waiting for it to fill a tire)
1. Umm .... I kind of don't get the part about "slide down the fender slightly" and "install the bumper on top of the fender." My apologies if it is just me that doesn't get it. I had thought that there would be more work involved in installing the compressor under the hood, but apparently you were able to do yours fairly quick. I have a 2001 with cruise control and am not sure if it is the same set up as yours. I'll take a look when I get home.

2. What brand do you suggest if not ARB? I would like to check into it.

3. I have a 10# CO2 that I use for the tires. I was considering using the CO2 instead of the ARB compressor. But again, where would I mount the CO2 if I decide to use it instead? It seems I need to refill the CO2 rather frequently since I share my air. But if CO2 may be an easier/cheaper/more efficient way, then I would go that route. Here's a link to the previous discussion on mounting in the engine compartment (with pic) and use of CO2 as an alterantive. http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000150;p=1

I previously posted a pic with the CO2 mounted on the back of a Skid Row bumper. But now I'm wondering when you swing the tire carrier away, what happens with the air lines? That may be an insurmountable problem.