In order to make enough room for a compressor, the cruise control unit must be moved towards the engine a couple inches or so, which also means it slides down the fender a bit. You can reattach it with bolts through the fender, as that's all it is attached with in the first place. Then route the chords to make sure they will not bind in any way. On a 2002, there turned out to be a mounting tab in the perfect location, to hold the cable in place, without having to do any thinking/custom bracketing.

As far as the ARB compressor, yeah, the compressor did OK with 31x10.5s, but since it is a very short duty cycle compressor, it still was very, very slow. Plus, it is not constructed very well on the inside (as noted when I took mine apart).

I'm still looking for the best alternative, at the moment, but I have a few different needs/wants, from the sounds of it, to you. Any 100% duty cycle compressor from Viair (which can be found for comperable price to the ARB) would be a good choice.

Really, the only benefit to using the ARB compressor, was ease of installation. It came with all the wiring to, quite literally, plug and play. But if I had to do it over (which incidentally, I am...), I wouldn't have gone with it, and would have spent the time doing it well, from the start.