Quote:
Originally posted by Ahnyoungboi:
Royal Purple is a good oil(beats the others), BUT the bad part of the oil is that it breaks down after about 3k miles. when oil breaks down you loose viscosity, and royal purple looses its viscosity quickly after the 3k.

mobil on the hand, provides a little less than Rp but lasts longer.

the whole purpose of synthetic oil is its ability to stay together and keep its viscosity(roughly...amount of lubrication) the biggest advantage of the synthetic oils is that they contain 0% wax and include more detergents so it'll keep gunk build up low and clean off previous gunk in ur engine. provides better protection from leaks and what not. it just has alot of neat additives....its just better

oh and it can be used whenever you want, WITH any other oil. meaning u can mix oils just not w/ diff grades. it even says that on the bottle. oh...but if your car is old and leaky, the synthetic might accually make it worse, by cleaning the crap thats clogging small leaks. but most people wait until the car is fully broken in because when the car is being broken in, there are alot of small metal shavings in the oil, there for the oil should be changed quite often. people dont want to be spending $30 on just oil that should be changed in 2500 mi depending where you are in the breakin process. y do i always have really long posts?
ok. thanks for the info. i'm at 2700 miles right now. i will get the oil changed to factory oil, etc. then make the switch after the next oil change. thanks again.