I haven't dropped the front diff... but you can probably do 90% of it yourself, except for setting the backlash. you could unbolt the diff (it's basically sealed) bring it into a competent shop, have them install the diff (maybe an hour and a half, maybe) then bring it home and slap it in.

I may be missing something important... I haven't done the front end... since it's CV based, I imagine unbolt the inner CV bolts, unbolt the front driveline, unbolt the spacer washers (not sure what else holds it in place) and it should come out... then you have to take the axle stubs out to get the ring and pinion out, but don't remove the ring and pinion U clamps yet, gotta check the backlash... the amount of play inherent in the gearmesh. you will need to set that again when you put the new one in. That's the hardest part, it takes a direct linometer that measures to the 1000th of an inch.

But I think you can do everything up to the point of the gear replacement and backlash adjustment and everything after that by yourself.

Correct me XOC if I'm wrong... I haven't dug into the front diff at all... hell, I almost never look at it...