Quote:
Originally posted by Brimaster:
Hello,

I am thinking buying a 05 Xterra and I have a question or two before I get serious and sign the dotted line.
I reviewed the older posts regarding towing and the Xterra but I wanted to get somemore input.
Is any of the 05 Xterra models (S,OR,SE) better for towing? Has anyone had any issues with towing a car with their 05? I will be going the auto trans route and I saw posts about adding a trans cooler but I don't think I ever saw an answer if it will void the warranty.
actually I am wondering the same thing. I'm looking at either an S or OR with the 5spd auto to tow my 3500lb enclosed motorcycle trailer. I'm coming from a 2000 ranger which struggled a bit with that setup. I'm assuming the added HP on the Xterra will make short work of the weight, but will the tranny handle the extra load without a cooler? will the additional height of the OR change dynamics at all?

I'm in a unique position because the dealer has BOTH the S and the OR on the lot right now, in the exact trim I want. decisions decisions....

thanks

- Jonah \ momentumphoto.net