Quote:
Originally posted by momentumphoto.net:
Quote:
Originally posted by fastdrmr:
[b]
The S is capable of taking you places that will scare the average person. If you have taken vehicles offroading and actually know when/how the locker, then get the OR. Otherwise, the S will be just fine.
Sadly, my wheelin' days are over. back in college I had an '87 Bronco that got thrashed every single weekend. it was modded to the gills so trust me - the thought of a FACTORY locker gets me excited. Problem is, I spend my weekdays at a desk job, and weekends shooting photos at racetracks all over the midwest. The only OR'ing I have time to do now is the grass on the infield frown

Still wondering about the tranny cooler. Anyone?

Thanks.

- Jonah \ momentumphoto.net[/b]
I tow quite regularly (boats) and have found the 05 X more than adequate. I assume your trailer is braked. Over the years I have found the most limiting factor to towing/GCVWR to be the master cylinder size/capacity of the tow vehicle's brakes. I do not run a tranny cooler. I would keep an eye on the rear diff fluid and change it more often (perhaps upgrade to synth) for regular towing. A properly wieghted and loaded trailer goes a long way to making a tow safe and comfortable.

In your case I would avoid the OR as it has a taller final drive, louder, less efficient tires, and a locker it doesn't sound like you'll ever use. The extra half inch of height on the OR is not a show-stopper. You can add the OR skid package to an S for less than $200. IMHO the HDC and HSA found on Auto ORs are not value added. For me the RF stereo was also not neccessary.