Quote:
Originally posted by deafcorn:
FASTDRMR,

You mentioned that the S could get the average person into scary situations. I'd fall into the average/occasional off-roader and am in the market for an Xterra and can't decide between the S or OR. I know I won't, or don't anticipate, rock climbing in it, but would like to be able to get deep(er) into the woods or thru sandy river beds with it and not have to worry. Will the S's 4lo be enough for those situations? I've never used rear lock before and have read where it's a great thing to have, but that you can screw up your truck if you use it wrong. Not sure if pro's out weigh the con's in my situation. I would like to be able to grow with the truck, so thinking even though I may not use the lock now, it might come in handy (or be something I wish I had) a few years down the way.

What about the extra skid plates the OR comes with........added benefit when exploring over rough terrain, right? Does the S even come with skid plates?

Thanks!
What I meant is that the X, in either S OR SE models will go places the average person would never think to do. That said, going deep into the woods you will be fine with any trim. If you really plan to hold onto it for a long time and invest $$$ into building it up then get the OR. The locker is a nice benefit and very handy. I don't think you can engage it incorrectly and screw anything up, unless you use it in 4lo on pavement.

$$$ aside, get the OR if you plan to go the route of building up and exploring the backcountry. Enjoy!!! smile