I just received/installed my new Gibson stainless steel exhaust system, and I noticed that the tailpipe seems to stick out about 1-2" past the bumper corner. For those who have installed aftermarket exhaust systems, does this seem normal? The instructions don't say anything about trimming the pipe. I'm just afraid that someone will accidentally bump up against it and cut or burn their leg (i.e. my 2 yr old son). Other than the tailpipe length, I really like the new system alot. It was easy to put on, in about 1 hr (because I put never sieze on all the stock bolts of the exhaust system when I first bought the truck). I didn't even have to jack the truck up, or remove the spare tire. I had the stock system (with 4000 K on it) off in 10 min. I also elected not to install the chrome tip that came with the new system, the pipe alone looks good enough to me, and besides, I thought the tip looked a little too "Rice". All in all, I think the system was worth the $339, the truck definitly feels stronger between 2500 and 3500 rpm (i.e. merging on the highway).

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site