Well, it's a shame you don't feel the X still fits the bill for you. To me, it's the only real SUV on the market right now. The 05 is a great vehicle that I don't regret waiting for and buying. I respect your right to your opinion, but I just don't agree with you about the X losing it's roots. If anything, I'd say it's still true to it's roots while providing even more capabilities. Besides the more powerful engine, I love the track system for securing cargo in the back, the new cargo area which is so much easier to clean, and the addition of the steps to get to the roof rack more easily. The undercariage is much more protected now for off roading, the extra space inside is welcome for me, and I for one like the new roof basket with the lid on it. I can understand someone not being partial to the looks of the new one, as that's an opinion, even if it's one I don't share, but it's pretty hard to argue against the added capabilities and functionality of the '05 X, and as I said earlier, it's not really at that much more of an expense.