GENTLE MEN,,,you guys sound like a whole bunch of p***ys. Why dont you make a convention or go to the feakin' mall an pick up some panties. All of you sound like a bunch of old ladies. I bet moset of you are going through the second puberty,,,mid life crises. what the hell is wrong with you. Next thing you know, the site will be devided into 1st and 2nd gen X owners. All Xterras are good. They are not equal, but they are equally good. One lacks here, the other lacks there, one has this, the other has that. Look how big this post got. Its ridiculous. If you got the money and time to spend your whole life camping out and off roading, than you are one lucky son of b**ch. Chances are though, You are not driving an Xterra and are just visiting this forum. For all the rest of us, we do work for living. I have owned three of these already, and I keep commming back for more, '01, '02, and now '05. Loved the 1st gen. It fit me perfectlly at the time. The crap I went to in those trucks, were amazing. Given that I had Bull Bars on them, but they literally saved my life. They were simple, rugged, and had potential. They were amazing... How many of you take highways on daily bases??? I do. The '05 beats the last gen hands down. We all have to eat and make money. One of my biggest and only complaints was lack of juise on the previous one. The highway ride just simply sucked. Now I can roll all my windows down and drive 70 mph, an not lose my had. For every complaint that the 1st gen owners have, I'll have a praise toward the 05. For every 05 that you bitch about, I'll have a praise toward the 1st generation. Just pick what you like, drive it and love it. Don't bitch around. Why don't You F**k Nuts put that energy toward something usefull. Don't you have a grass to moan or go pierce your ears and grow a pony tail. Take a damn tent and go enjoy what you have. Despite all the flaws that my '02 and '01 had, I loved them. Despite all the flaws that my '05 has, I still love it. And I put it to use, and I do enjoy it. And for all you haters, someone already posted it, you cannot beat a 284lbs of torque. Lets face it, you still have to take a long road in order to get to that piece of off-road heaven. Why not enjoy it, while getting there?