Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
AGAIN, YOU CAN CURRENTLY SPEC A 2004 XTERRA AT A $31K MSRP, so don't think it'll be insane that the 05 could run up there fully-trimmed.

Now can this be the last about the freakin' price? It's pure speculation anyway, let's wait until Nissan comes forth with pricing this fall.

:rolleyes:
Brent
No, it can't be the last because I want to add something! [LOL]

A lot of people aren't realizing something very important. One of the reasons the original Xterra was kept at reasonable prices was because most of the parts were out of the Frontier parts bin. Since Nissan is taking parts sharing a few steps further (Pathfinder, Titan, Armada, Frontier, and Xterra!) this time, their manufacturing costs should still be kept low despite the increase in interior and drivetrain costs.

My point here is that the increases that will be seen will probably have more to do with inflation and overall manufacturing costs than they will with actual increases in "Xterra" specific costs. Make sense? I think it's safe to say that the Xterra will remain competitive in it's segment and the price increases will be small relative to the improvements. If I'm wrong when pricing comes out then sue me for all that I don't have! [Finger]