Quote:
That is such a dumbass statement to make. Nissan wouldn't have made an "Off-Road" edition of the X with a standard locker if they didn't think that there drivers were going to stay "on-road"
They wouldn't? Are you sure? I'm fairly certain that EVERY major manufacturer in the country that makes a truck, makes an "offroad" version. I'm also fairly certain (through experience) that not 1 of them is really "offroad ready" for anything other than a dirt road... The only one that even comes close is the Rubicon.

If y'all think that "offroad" sticker on the side, or the fact you finally have a locking differential, means you can go trailblazing at Moab, you're on crack!

For the '05+ Xterra and Frontier, Nissan added a much more powerful engine, taller gear ratios, and WEAKER differentials. What's that mean? That means they were DESIGNING for ON-PAVEMENT use. Aka, SOCCER MOMS. Don't like that? Buy something else. The next gen trucks from Nissan obviously aren't DESIGNED to do whatever it is you do with your rig.

Y'all are fooling yourselves if you think your cushy sport-ute is made for offroading. You want to offroad, then get a 1st gen. Xterra/Frontier, and replace all the steering components first thing. Or get another vehicle that's ACTUALLY made for it, and not just marketed/badged for it. Do your research next time, and buy something that's ACTUALLY made for what you want.

Sorry; I have no sympathy for someone's rig that broke because they were offroading.

Now, for the people that broke, and they HONESTLY have never offroaded at all, then yeah, those got a shibby deal. And those should be replaced under warranty. My guess is, though, there aren't nearly as many of these "failures" as what the online community would claim.