Quote:
Originally posted by Gbizzle:
Quote:
Originally posted by bgloveX:
[b]So which is a better solution AAL's or Shackles on the rear? How do you know that extension lines have to be put in. I don't remember hearing anything from daystar about this with there kit.

Just a few more questions. Are the coils with these kits different lengths?, because the kit with the shackles says you get 1.5 inches of lift and the AAL's claims 2.5 inches of lift.
As for the rear, if you are looking for more suspension travel in the rear the shackles will allow the rear tires to droop and stuff more. AAL will make the rear pack stiffer and more difficult to bottom out. Shackles have more of an "offroad" benefit. AAL serve more for towing or for someone who carries more weight in the rear of the X (keeps the rear from sagging.

As for the brake lines the ability to droop the rear further probably causes the brakelines to extend more than stock allows thus needing longer ones. True the daystar kit doesn't require them and uses longer shackles as well but AC must have done some research on this.[/b]
I have to seriously doubt the need for extensions. I think the Daystar lift has 2 inch rear shackles while this lift has only 1.5 inch rear shackles. Additionally, the Daystar lift has already been installed on an X for a few months and we haven't heard about any problems with the lines.

Won't be sure until someone gives it a shot though.

EDIT: I just realized that there are two lifts available. The shackle lift is 1.5" and should not require extensions. The AAL lift is 2.5 inches and does appear to require extensions.