Quote:
Originally posted by mike100:
haha.. I like the term "Mod Princess". If you don't like it, just wait for about a 1/2 a dozen people to figure out how to do it before you get involved.

As far as the brake lines..usually, in jeeps, I was thinking to bend the coiled braided reinforced part down and then drill and remount the rubber line mount a little lower- assuming it comes off the frame. I prefer rubber lines, braided ones won't stretch, they just snap.

I don't know about the abs wiring. This type of lift shouldn't exceed 2 inches or so, otherwise and IFS subframe job should be done. What I like is the option to put more spring rate in to compensate for skid plate and winch weight.

even so, I would only want a winch mount- not the whole bumper. the front diff is kind of small and weight is bad in general.
All true. But adding some sort of mount to your current bumper will NOT fix one the major problems with the X bumper: APPROACH ANGLE. With the aftermarket bumper, you don't just get a winch mount. You get a huge improvement in approach angle; this is a life saver off-road and its value cannot be overestimated.

IMHO getting the stronger springs up front, then adding a bumper and a winch to them, is the best option.

Personally, I decided to cancel my Daystar order and wait to see how this new lift works for people. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that the spacers just weren't an option for me; because I'm getting the Shrock bumper and will also add a winch at some point in the future.