Quote:
Interesting. I thought I was the only one that had thoughts about issues with the diff's. I do get a howl out of the rear on my 06 on the highway around 70mph, but only when maintaining speed. And this is a vehicle that primarily sees highway driving, only occasional off road use.
I had the same exact problem. Thought that was just "what they all did". Finally took it in at around 23K and asked about it. They told me the diff was bad, and they replaced the entire rear end. After that the ride was MUCH quieter...something was def wrong with the original.

BUT, I've had a hell of a time with the dealership because they continue to screw things up. It's been back to the shop 4 times since I got it "fixed". First, the rear seal started leaking. Took it back and they replaced the seal. The next day I heard a grinding noise from underneath, so I crawled under and found that the sleeve around the yoke (on the driveshaft) was grinding on the extended part of the transmission. Took it back and they told me the drive shaft was "coming apart". They replaced the driveshaft and the extension case, and everything seemed good. I clawled under the X the next day to check out the work and found that the driveshaft was new, but the sleeve (that was causing the grinding) was missing, leaving my rear seal exposed and making me wonder if there is an alignment issue. Took it back and pretty much went off on the service writer. He talked the the mechanic and they claim that it came from Nissan like that but they have ordered a new one that "will include the sleeve". Now I'm just waiting for the part to come in...

BTW, It doesn't look like they have aligned the wheels after the diff replacement, at least it's not in the paperwork. Wouldn't that be a requirement? Seems like common sense to me... Should I press them on that?