To answer Jake's question, I am the Southeast Key Accounts Manager for Hella. I'll be traveling all over the SE to customers, and of course trying to sell them lights. It helps to sell lights, if you have something to demonstrate them on. I had been looking at a few inexpensive SUVs, and the XTerra won due to *extremely* competitive lease rates that Nissan offers. The other two candidates were the Jeep Liberty CRD, and the new 2006 Toyota Rav4. The problem with the Jeep was that the lease rates from DaimlerChrysler were anything but competitive, and although I found some amazing deals on Liberty CRDs (like a new 2005 for under $20k), DC would not do a lease on a 2005 model, even though it was new. The Rav4 is a very nice vehicle, especially now that it has a 269HP V6 lifted fom the Avalon, and you can get a 3rd row seat (for midgets), and the fuel economy is great (EPA rating on the V6 of close to 30MPG), and the MSRP is very good, but being a totally redesigned vehicle, dealers are getting over list for them.
The X model I got had an MSRP of $22,700, and they discounted it down to right at $20k. This combined with the good lease rates made it the big winner, despite the not-so-good fuel mileage. Since they're paying for everything, including the fuel, that's fine with me.
I got the 2WD for obvious reasons. The truck will be doing almost all highway driving, and will likely never go offroad.
I really like the truck a lot, and can't wait to hang a bunch of our lights on this thing.
I'll probably have a new Manik Pre-Runner bar up front, but I really wanted to put the lamps where that wind-deflector is. If you stick them on top of the rack, you run into clearance issues sometimes, and it only adds to the mileage woes.

Glare on the hood from the overhead lamps is of very very little concern to me. The lamps will likely only be used for demo purposes, or the very rare use with the hi-beams. At worste, a flat-black hood section, either a decal or painted, would cure much of that.