Quote:
Originally posted by redorange:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by blue02:
Show Some more close ups of that light bar will you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I'm sure Calmini will give you technical drawings on their stuff too.
He asked for close up pictures of the light bar not technical drawings. Calmini won't give you the drawings because it's their busines to manufacture the parts and make money. Your reply to blue02 appears contradict this statement.

Quote:
I don't think that $175 is unreasonable though, and no, I'm not making anything off of it. He's a neighbor and friend of mine.
Other members have fabricated things for the X and had no issue with sharing information.
How much more close-up do the pictures need to be? It's clear how the bar is attached to the truck, and I even stated somewhere that it is attached into 4 of the roof rack mounting holes, which you can see in the pictures. The guy's profile says he's a metal fabricator or something, if I remember correctly. If that's true, he should have no problem going off of the pictures I posted.
As I did not make this thing, I didn't feel it was my place to completely undermine any possibillity that the guy could ever hope to sell any in the future (if he ever wanted to), by giving detailed instructions on the thing, and basically giving away his intellectual property. Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't know where to begin since I'm not who made it.
People that complain about others not sharing information, when there's clearly enough information already to complete the task, are usually just looking to basically get something for almost nothing.
You can see by how long it's been since I've even looked at this post, or any others, that I have *way* more going on than allows me time to go out and take multiple angled hi-res pictures of specific parts of a roof rack, because some people would rather get someone else to do as much of it as they can get them to, rather than go out and attempt it themselves.

Some of you guys seem to have plenty of time to complain about 'not sharing', but strangely not enough time to go out and do something on your own. Not everything worthwhile is a bolt-on, guys.