Quote:
Originally posted by GoJoeGo:
TripleJackInGA,

Thanks for the detailed response... I've only had my X for 5 months now and I'm developing that never ending mod list. The lights look awesome, but Im always hesitant is drilling permanent holes anywhere.
I am too normally, but at what piont in the truck's life would anyone intentionally drive around with any part of the rack, including the wind-deflector that the hole is directly behind, removed? at worste, you have a 5/8" hole that can be welded up and fixed to where you would never know it was there if you absolutely needed to.

Oh, and to show you how not worried I am about it, this truck is leased. Do you think the leasing company will take it apart to find the hole? I've turned in leased vehicles before, and at best they take about 2 minutes to walk around the car and look for obvious damage.

At any rate, it's up to each individual as to wether they want to do that or not. The only alternative for me if I hadn't drilled a hole would have been to run all the way to the back of the rack and down through the lift-gate. Doing this would have required a *much* bigger guage of wire, since I would be going about 30 feet or so with the wiring, and voltage-drop would have killed the power.