Quote:
Originally posted by limowreck:
Quote:
Originally posted by whiterussian:
[b]

Here is the deal: Buddy, it sounds like you got a car that you could not afford. If you bought car thinking that gas prices were going to stay the same, then shame on you. By my standards $3 for a gallon of gas is nothing. Take a look at world gas prices and you will see these prices are pretty damn low for an industrialized nation. If gas prices go higher, then all of us are screwed. Once gas reaches $6 per gallon, then being able to afford the X will be the last thing on your "to-worry-about" list.

How many times do I have to say it? I paid cash for my X. I have a good job and I am debt free. Affording it has nothing to do with it.

But once the lunatics in our government decide to start World War 3 by invading Iran, which is probably inevitable at this point, then gas prices will of course double or even triple. At which point hardly anyone including myself will be able to afford the X. I want to get rid of mine before that happens. Because no one will want to buy an SUV when gas prices are at $8 per gallon.

What concerns me more than anything else is the extremely unstable situation in the ME caused by our reckless presence in Iraq, and the effects that will have here at home in the near future as a result. The situation is extremely bad and getting worse. People should wake up before its too late but I'm afraid most of us are more concerned about who's going to win the next American Idol then what's going on in the world around us.[/b]
Let me guess, you believe everything the media spoonfeeds you, right? Here's an idea, sell your X, move to NYC preferably up by Columbia University that way you won't need a vehicle and you can be by the terrorist loving fruitcakes that invited the leader of one of the countries that hates us most to come speak and visit ground zero. I know you love them...