I will add my last post to this already useless thread.

First of all, the guy is thinking out loud. There is nothing wrong with critical thinking. It is the price we pay for thousands of years of evolution (unless you are from Kansas). Granted, posting such questions to the site that is biased towards Nissan SUVs was going to get appropriate feedback and I hope that what has been said in this thread was not unexpected.

Sorry that I missed your post about buying the car with cash. If everything that you say is true, then it shows that your thoughts are indeed genuine. You see all the other people driving SUVs and contributing to pollution. This is a no fucking brainer, I am sorry to disappoint the rest of the off-roaders on this board, but if you do not see how over usage of cars contributes to environmental issues, you gotta check your head. What you do about it, is a different thing.

Selling your car is not going to stop the war or the global warming. I am sorry. I had to be honest with you. Just think about it for a second: What will happen to your car when you no longer own it? Somebody else will be driving it even harder than you're driving it now! Yes sir, it is highly unlikely that you will sell a car to a doped out hippy who is going to burn it. Also, the fuel consumption will not go down because of you selling the X. There is nothing you can do about it. Period!

If you really want to make a point, why not become a responsible SUV owner? Why not use the X only when needed? Who cares what other people drive? Act as you think and people will respect you for it. Just because everybody drives to work in an SUV does not mean that you have to do the same. Show an example! Bike, plant trees, hike go to remove places and bring back stories. Take your kids out to the middle of nowhere and show them what stars look like at night. You really do not have to act and do what everybody else does. And you're right, once gas hits higher prices people will review their car usage. I, for one, hope that gas gets to around $4.5 per gallon. Fewer cars, less traffic for those who absolutely must have a car to get somewhere.

Go ahead, flame all you want. I am out.