Even without another war, gas prices will still climb ever higher due to the continued US presence in Iraq, the refusal of most idiots in the US to cut back on conspicuous consumption, etc.

According to most experts, the price of gas will hit $4 per gallon by next year, and will continue to rise from there. I'm glad i just got rid of mine.

Dumbshits!

-----------------

Triple-digit oil prices to become norm

By Steve Gelsi, MarketWatch
Oct 2, 2007

Triple-digit oil prices to become norm: analyst
By Steve Gelsi, MarketWatch
Last Update: 2:35 AM ET Oct 2, 2007
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Oil prices of at least $100 a barrel are expected to become the norm as early as next year, as conventional supplies continue to decline and consumption in the developing world rises, CIBC chief economist Jeff Rubin said Tuesday.

"We're in a world of triple-digit oil prices for the foreseeable future," Rubin said at the CIBC 2nd Annual Industrials Conference. "Whether it's $100 or $140 a barrel ... is up to debate, but the bottom line is we're in the bottom of the ninth inning of the hydrocarbon age."

[URL=http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/cibc-economist-predicts-triple-digit/story.aspx?guid=%7b2D5D7DA1-1C71-4FB3-AAE6-F4B66CDE7F63%7d&print=true&dist=printTop]Marketwatch[/URL ]