fastdrmr is correct, but VDC also has the ability to cut power to the engine in addition to the brake thingy.

The Slip light comes on if either of these activates. I don't think there's a way to tell if it's VDC or ABLS that activated. The manual indicates that the same Slip light is used for both.

So - if you lose traction on one wheel, ABLS kicks in and sends power to the opposite wheel, and the Slip light comes on to tell you it's doing it's job. The situations Morvran and ClimberX describe are perfect exaples of these systems in action.

Personally, I really like the ABLS system - it seems to work just as well as a real limited slip diff, but there's no cluch in the diff to where out.

Not sure if Morvran's situation would be the VDC gyros sensing the vehicle out of level as he pulled of the curb, or ABLS detecting spin on one wheel for that second as the tire dropped off the curb.

But anyway, it all normal - enjoy it!!!

The other day I was on an open slushy road, no cars around, and punched it from a dead stop to see how well it would work. The backend fish tailed back and forth a little (maybe 6" each way), but you could tell the thing was kicking in and keeping the car much more straight than it would have been without those toys. (Slip light came on, of course).

ABLS also gets me up my steep driveway when it's covered in ice patches, were with my other truck I gotta put it in 4wd.

(note - the VDC light only comes on if there is a malfunction in the VDC system - it should NOT come on during normal operation).

Maybe I've been reading the manual too much.