Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
The ARB mods, when necessary, take little time, are within the skills of 95% of the population, and don't cost a penny. Oh the agony of it all. BFD.

Brent

Don't know if I'm right or not, but I was thinking (crowd growns...."again" :-)). Anyway, isn't comparing ARB and Calmini like comparing apples and oranges?
ARB has a fancy laser cutting, production line type set-up (which, by the way, I think they could whip out an Xterra specific bumper at the drop of a hat if they wanted...but I digress, back to my point).

Calmini (though I have not been to their shop yet) is more of a craftsman type set-up. You know, hand made from scratch.

You probably see where I'm going, so I'll stop. But a quality made item (especially one made really well) will cost extra. I think that you will find that any rear bumper will cost more than an ARB cuz, I guessing that they will all be hand made.

Think about most of the rock sliders. Seems like a slam dunk. Get a metal tube. Weld on some extensions with flat plates at the end and drill away. Viola, $30 sliders (Krylon paint extra). You will never see these sliders (unless you do it yourself) because, again, they are hand made.

I did a double take myself but after considering what has gone into making all the turns, angles, supports....and making it look nice... I don't think he is really going to make a killing off the Xterra bumper. How long would it take you to cut out the parts, weld, put together and finish a bumper so that it looked like it belongs on an Xterra?

(should I write commercials, or what? ;-))

------------------