Quote:
Originally posted by ned946:
How long would it take you to cut out the parts, weld, put together and finish a bumper so that it looked like it belongs on an Xterra?

(should I write commercials, or what? ;-))

hey, when you start charging $; the customer has the right to demand better. the customer has the right to critique the product (which only helps calmini).

if calmini cant make something alot of people like for a price they like, eventually someone else will.

if the rear bumper is going to be 3 pieces, why not show a 'basic' pkg without the side pieces and with the stock plastic bumpers back on?

personally, it looks like a homemade item to me. very coarse in execution. i don't think being 'handmade' means its better or worse. cars used to be 'handmade' but i think they are alot better now that they employ a bit of machinery, dont you?
there's alot of 'custom' junk and alot of 'machined' junk-- for a mass produced product, a machine cutting pieces is easier for quality control, so i would lean towards that for something that wasn't 'one-off'.

the front calmini bumper looks great, though. what with the intergrated winch area and 'brush guard'-- why not some of that good thinking on the back?

------------------

[This message has been edited by neil (edited 07-05-2001).]