Dude,
I own an 05 and it is positively the WORST snow going vehicle Ive ever had. I wont waste the time to tell you every vehicle Ive own or owned but Im members of MANY Toyota boards and a few Ford Boards and even a Jeep and Suzuki board.

Anyhow, what ever driver assist features Nissan put in its computer, they missed the mark totally when it comes to snow. I constantly get stuck on excursions with my Xterra to a point where it has been assigned grocery getter duty on the pavement most of the time.

Honerable Mention: 2 weeks ago we used our Xterra to recover my Ford Crewcab diesel which had broken a front axle thus effectively leaving me with 2 wheel drive in deep snow. I was leading a group of 4wheelers with my Ford in the snow and my wife was driving behind me. I was using my Ford to make a path in the 3ft snow for the others to follow. After the breakage, I flattened all 4 tires on the Xterra to gain enough traction for the recovery. It worked and we tugged the Ford down below the snow line and then returned to the snow for some more playing.