First of all both tires on one axle spinning while on a slippery hill makes for a diaster. I don't mean by hitting the slope straight on but by trying to travel parallel to it.

After watching the vid, even lockers would not have walked out of that mess with the current driver.

One, if you dont have traction, spinning the tires faster does absolutely nothing.

Two, if the majority of your vehicular weight is on the opposite side of traction, you suffer a major disadvantage.

4 low is more than a trail gear, it is a tool to be used in limited trac environments...even with fancy computer technology.

This example seperates the men from the boys.

If I were to simply open my laptop and pound on the keys, get no response and label it as worthless piece of plastic; it would only be mislabeled.

This is why you also see many vehicles upside down in a ditch during a snow storm; the drivers reply with well the stability and traction control didn't do their job; I'm suing. I tell them, well unfortunately at 80 mph in a snow storm that's asking a bit much from your vehicle.

Many people look at an automobile as means to get from point A to B and nothing more. I like to think of it as a fine instrument that can make beautiful music and accomplish great things in the hands of a craftsman.

We learned that rocking the Xterra when it is stuck does not allow the trac-con to work properly.