After having some major snow fall in the Vancouver area this winter, I have to give three thumbs up to this truck. [ThumbsUp]

It is an excellent vehicle in the snow, of course the driver has something to do with it's success or failure. After reading previous posts on this board about how it sucks in snow and got stuck on the side of a road (not this thread which in my opinion was stuck in a ditch not the side of the road!) I was afraid of the snow a bit. Totally without foundation.

Here is the situation: Stock truck, stock tires.
I purposely put two tires on sheer ice and two tires on pavement and on snow alternately. From a standstill I could move forward without any problems. Regular drive gear used in my auto.
Uphill on icy road. Again, no problem.
It takes the curves on snow like it is on rails.

Of course I have previously driven in deep snow having lived in the prairies (If single snowfalls of 2 feet are deep enough for you), and even with my civic I would rarely get so stuck that I could not get out.

The key to driving in snow
- never spin the tires. It is not like driving in mud.
- You also want to avoid leaning your truck to one side where much of the weight is on two tires (it is not a motorcycle)
- If your going to drive across a ditch - make sure it is not too deep first, and go in with the front - not side first.
- Don't drive on ice - drive on fresh snow if possible.
- If you get stuck, rock back and forth - while keeping a foot on the brake to prevent slipping. Your tires will dig a channel as they spin you do not want that to be directly under your tires, but you want it to give a bit of runway so you can get some momentum.

After having viewed this video, I cannot say for sure that a locker could have got you out, but I would bet a change of driver could have also got you out as easily as a locker. You made several mistakes that I could see. You turned your steering wheel between trying to move forward and backward - why? keep on the same path. You spun the wheels very fast - I doubt abls could kick in. You had nothing on the side of the tires with the weight but snow underneath - of course it will dig in - and if the truck did not dig in it was far more intelligent than you think! [Spit]