I won't comment to much on some of the other responses as a few seem to inform you a bit more off road driving experience may have come in handy.
I have owned more than 20 vehicles in my 35 year life and have to say my 06'X OR is by far one of the most capable vehicles in the snow (or anywhere) I have ever driven.
Here in the Mid-West we have had it all lately, lots of ice, snow, sleet...
I have been pushing this vehicle every chance I get and been very aggressive with where and when I drive. It has not let me down yet. Night before last I was heading down I-44 right after a light dusting witch caused the freeway to ice up. I counted 21 cars in or off the ditch, 9 really bad wrecks requiring medical, and even 2 coroners.
Semi's were keeping the speeds below 35. I still didn't have problems blazing by everyone at 50.
I have pulled so many cars and trucks out this winter I cant begin to count. I have to say I've only used the Lockers twice, once in 2' of mud, and once pulling a Honda out of a ravine in the snow/ice. (Actually I ripped it out...lol)
Go play in the X, take it out in bad weather every chance you get. You will get to know what you BOTH are capable of.