Quote:
Originally posted by Dayspring:
I agree with Ian. Premiere is a professional non-linear editing tool. While not as prolific as Avid, Media 100, or any of Discreet's tools, it's designed for professionals or pro-sumers.
Oy! I wouldn't compare Premiere to any of those programs. $500 for Premiere whereas Discreet can easily set you back $100,000 or more for Smoke. Comparing Premiere to those is like comparing the Canon XL1 to the Panasonic DVCPro 400. Not even in the same league.

Interesting tidbit about Premiere 6.0 by the way - you can no longer adjust brightness and contrast with it. You have to have After Effects (which I think is complete bullshit - that's such a basic thing).
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist