Sorry i did not see the additional posts to this thread until now.

Good luck in Anza, as stated i wont be attending(i will be busy scouting the location for the Calico Ghost Town trip)

Anza is an amazing place there is truly something for everybody... just heed the advice of the more experienced and you should do fine...

dont think because i like to "go off" a bit and have been in some "interesting" situations that that means i represent the case for all 4x2's...

I have never owned a 4x4 and before owning my Xterra i had only ever been stuck once in my life (funny enough it was in deep sand at Calico Ghost Town) simply fixed with a shovel and a piece of wood.

just be smart... if you have a 4x2 realize you have a 4x2... with the group around you can aford to be a little more "wreckless" as there is always a 4x4 handy to help you out...

bare in mind that I do not suggest anyone do the things i have done, unless they understand what they are getting into... i'd hate to have someone damage their truck because they didn't think before they acted and then say "but you said i could do it"

Toolbox is right, sometimes getting stuck/unstuck is part of the fun/process

you live and learn

------------------
"Homer no do, beer well without"
-Homer Simpson(Spoken While Sober)