[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vaca:
[QB]I just don't PERSONALLY understand why someone would get a 2wd SUV. If I wanted an inexpensive car, or one with cheap insurance, I'd get something else. My last car cost less than half as much on gas as my X.

I do not subscribe to the believe that SUVs are minivan replacements, therefore I don't understand why someone would get a 2wd model under the guise of having kids, pets, or groceries to cart around and not have enough cash to support the 4wd model. Likewise, SUVs aren't pickup trucks meant to do serious hauling, so their proper usage lies somewhere inbetween. Minivans with the soul of Paul Bunyon or something. [Laughing]

Have you ever tried hauling a 3K boat with a car or minivan? Don't quite need the guzzling of a fullsize truck - not all the time, though I own a 99 3/4 4x4 Chevy as well as 2 SUV's, both paid for and well paid for themselves several times over. Granted my SUV's don't have the gas mileage cars do, but are much better then I've read some other SUV's are. And they do come in handy, even the 4x2, on several occasions in regards to pulling the boat out of small docks where the big truck/camper can't quite fit.