Since you have the SE and therefore a Limited Slip Differential in the rear you'll get farther than if you didn't have the LSD. We were discussing different 4wheeling styles in the 4WD forum and I mentioned that I spend most of the time in 2WD when I'm offroad until I can't go any further, then switch into 4WD. I have the benefit of switching to 4WD when I get stuck in 2WD and I've learned a lot about how to handle different terrains as a result. You don't have the luxury of switching into 4WD when you get stuck, so be sure you have someone with you in a 4x4 that can pull you out if you get stuck. You'll have some trouble on steep or long hills, on sandy trails, in deep mud and be weary of deep water, but you can still have fun in your Xterra. One thing to keep in mind, momentum is your friend. Don't let up on the throttle if you feel the X struggle, as long as your moving keep on the throttle. However, once you stop moving, don't spin the tires too much because you'll just dig yourself in. Try to rock it back and forth and keep the steering wheel moving from side to side while you do it. Be sure to get a recovery strap and a snatch strap to pull you out of a stuck. Don't rely on other peoples' equipment, you'll get more respect and help if you have your on straps.

Hope this helped.
Good luck!

------------------
Michael Girardo
Member - MAXC | Moderator - XOC
www.avaloninternet.net/users/bythebay/xterra