Here’s a picture of the install: MyXSnoopy
I’ll have to take some close-up pictures of my rack. Basically the front is exactly like straydawgs but I mounted the back underneath like the front. He keeps his high so the front tire carrier he uses will clear the rear hatch (I just put the front wheels in the back of the X). The install on mine allows me to park in my garage because the racks don’t extend any higher than the factory rack. I’m planning on adding Yakima’s gear basket, which takes up the whole top of the factory rack with only a two-inch addition in height. This install allows me to carry stuff in the Yakima gear basket and still have room for the two bikes. It’s low profile also ensures my X doesn’t look to top heavy.
The front X-towers install just aft of the center post on the factory rack. You can still use the front basket and there are no clearence problems in the rear. The doors also clear the fork mounted locking mechanisms just fine. I used a pair of 58" cross bars and then cut them so that they are flush with the bike mounts when the end caps are installed.

------------------
'00 Cloud White SE, 5SPD, 4x4