My concern about lateral load had nothing to do with the plate on top of the axle. I believe the main purpose of that plate is to help keep the U-Bolts from slipping apart, but I'm not sure.

What I was seeing is there is space between the leaves and the bolts on the larger spring packs and I believe part of the job of the U-Bolts is to hold the elaves in place. The center bolt just isn't stron enough to hold up if there is side load on the springs. And if you think there isn't any side load, you should see what I've done to the brackets that wrap around my spring packs.

Anyway, I think that the gap between the spring pack and the U-bolts should be filled either by steel plates or by pieces that fit over the U bolts above the Skidderz plate.

As far as putting the center bolt in upside down I don't see how the nut would fit into the hole in the axle. The nut is larger than the round head of the bolt and that barely fits, unless you can find a smaller nut that fits over the bolt AND has enough strength to stay on.

Ask XOC how much of a strength freak I am. I've pissed him off a few times over similar issues. Too many years around metal fabrication and construction will do that to an individual.

When some folks in PNWX get their Skidderz it is almost a guarranty that I will be participating in the installation (they give me all the rear suspension shit to do!), so I'll get a closer look and will be ebtter able to evaluate. Until then I shut my mouth and rest my case! [Finger]