Quote:
Originally posted by MaloCS:
If you have Roxio installed then uninstall it. The iPod drivers that Apple provides conflict with the Roxio software.
I quit using the built in firewire port on my motherboard and picked up an adaptec card - it's working much better. But windows still sucks in it's handling of external devices.

Quote:
Also, go to iPod Lounge and search the forums.
Thanks for the site.

Quote:
Another thing, I read that Apple is porting the iTunes software (or a variant of) to Windows due to the launch of Apple's new music service. It won't be too much longer.
Yeah, I read that too. But I want a new Mac for other software too.

Quote:
Enjoy your iPod. It rocks!
Thank you, I am.

Quote:
PS - Stop with the Mac vs. PC stuff. It's old and played out. I use both platforms every day and for every thing that is wrong with Windows there is a counterpart for Macs. They both have their pluses and minuses.
I've used both for over 15 years now (egad!) - both professionally and at home. The mac has a better overall experience. That's my opinion and I'm going to state it. If it bothers you, then I guess you skip my posts. Yes windows has come a long way, and unfortunatly in some ways with OS X Apple has gone backwards, but having total control over the hardware has it's benifits. For example, I would have never had the firewire issues... I deal with windows at work all day because I have to. At home I don't have to.