Never heard of 9/80, I thought you'd found some kind of crazy gear oil or something smile

I've done the "four ten hour days" thing though, which is similar (I've also done 7 twelve hour days, but I won't get into that!).

Pros of not working Fridays:

- You've got Friday off, baby!
- One less day to commute, save some $
- You get to run errands during non-peak commute hours on Friday (which is awesome)
- You can make a real breakfast for a change
- You can get to a bar when happy hour starts, not when it's winding down
- Judge Judy is on at 11AM
- Mentally, you relax more and the Sunday Blues are greatly reduced

Cons:

- Ugh! Complete mental disconnect! By Monday you start thinking, "What was I doing back on Thursday...?"
- It's a TERRIBLE idea if you work in a team environment, because you're never around when the team needs to talk to you (which may only be one day a week, but the team can feel like you're "always gone" because you show up an hour before them...it can just put you out of "sync")
- You could end up taking a few work-related phone calls on Fridays (depending what you do for a living, sometimes your coworkers will just need to get ahold of you for _____.)
- If your house was normally empty on Fridays, you probably weren't heating/cooling it...but if you stay home one day a week you're heating/cooling your house 4 more days each month

Anyway, I've had employees on my team do the 4 tens, and I don't like it from a managerial position. At the same time, I've done the 4 tens myself and can tell you, it's awesome.