Quote:
Originally posted by RReuscher:
Quote:
Originally posted by airbutchie:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by brian903:
[b]I thought about the Canon but in the end was able to get the Tamron, the Canon 70-200 f/4 and the Tokina 12-24 for not a whole lot more than what the Canon alone cost.
Exactly... Sure it's an "L" lens, but shit... I can get 3 quality lenses (like the ones you listed) for the price of one... You've made the right choice Brian... I would have done the same...

So fellas... What RAW program are you guys using? I'm using Photoshop CS2 for all my post-processing... On the camera side, I set the configurations to record both the JPG and RAW image of each shot I take... Sure it takes alot of space, but with two 8GB CF cards I'm sure I can manage 500+ exposures per CF, no?! I doubt I'll ever do that many in one event... Never say never, though... Hehhehehhee...

Anyhoo, I left work early today to take the Tamron out for a quick spin... I'll post pics after I post-process them... Stay tuned!!

- Air B laugh [/b]
Why take JPEG and RAW, what are you going to use the JPEG for? That's one thing I like about the 30D over the 10D is it allows you to eliminate the JPEG, this allows me to get about 500 shots on a 4GB card. Good enough to get through a soccer game, or a weekend campout with the scout troop.[/b]
RR... The 400D cannot record in RAW only format... The only options are "small", "medium", "large", and "large" + "raw" for image compression... Unless anyone knows how to have RAW only recording on the 400D, I guess this is the only option...

- Air B