Quote:
Originally posted by airbutchie:

As for microdrives, IMHO, I wouldn't take that route... To many moving parts in there which increases "wear-and-tear" on it... On top of which, they don't write as fast (when shooting in "burst" mode) as a highspeed CF card... Just stick with the CF cards... I purchased two Transcend 8GB 120x CF cards from Fry's @ $139/each... If you don't have a Fry's store near you, go online and search for "Transcend"... It should be there... If you're gonna go in the 2GB/4GB capacity range, check your local electronic stores... They usually have weekly sales on them... That storage range is creeping up to the "standard" size capacity range for most of todays high megapixel digital cameras (SLR's and P&S)...

- Air B [Smoking]
To add to that - some cameras don't play well with microdrives. I assume the new ones are fine, but my D100 refused to work with the microdrive I bought.

Frys - www.frys.com or www.outpost.com

Amazon sometimes comes in at a better price than Fry's.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist