And an opinion posted on Jacksonville.com. I'm shocked they even posted it since it was about Ron Paul. :rolleyes:

You don't know how many people told me "Well, I like Ron Paul, but he's just not gonna win, so I'm voting for someone else."

ARGHHHH!!! He CAN win if you VOTE for him, idiots!!!

Quote:

Bias toward Ron Paul is blatant

This year's campaign trail has been an interesting road for anyone who diversifies his media sources.

Those who aren't paying attention are missing one of the most exciting and important elections in American history.

Concerned citizens have been using the Internet to inform the public of a consistent push by the media for and against particular candidates.

Homemade videos on Internet sharing sites, such as YouTube, present the timely progression of these biases in an apparent manner.

Without the Internet, I would be completely blind to the bias.

One example of a pervasive bias is the constant relegation of Ron Paul's candidacy for president to a lower or outer edge.

Despite hundreds of eloquent speeches during 10 terms in Congress, over 4,000 babies delivered as an OB/GYN and five years of military service, this great American has incomprehensibly been referred to by media sources as "crazy" and "on the lunatic fringe."

These terms bother me, but I want to expose a more common tactic that significantly affects voters' decisions.

Paul is often labeled a "long shot," "dark horse" or "fringe candidate."

However, Paul raised more money than any other GOP candidate last quarter, consistently wins straw polls and took at least second place in Nevada and Louisiana.

Yet, many mainstream media magnates continue to omit him from polls, candidate reviews, articles and debates.

They simply excuse him as a "fringe candidate," without any viable evidence for this assertion whatsoever.

Sadly, the media's campaign may be working.

As the San Diego Tribune reported, a 56-year-old store manager in New Hampshire said, "I love Ron Paul. He is very factual. He is everything I believe in. But, he's not a front-runner. He isn't going to win the presidency."

Are the American people really so shallow that they will vote against what they believe in just so they can vote for the winner?

Will Americans allow the media to define who has a "chance" without requiring any evidence for the case?

The troops and generations of unborn children deserve our unbiased vote.

JACOB MARTIN, PH.D.,
computer scientist,
Jacksonville
This story can be found on Jacksonville.com at http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/013008/opl_241733833.shtml.