Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
[b] The sad thing is McCain can't win in November. He won't win.
I wouldn't take that bet. As long as he doesn't do something stupid like pick Huckabee as a running mate, I think he'd beat Hillary in a landslide. Obama, maybe not so easily, but I still think he'd win.

This is assuming he doesn't do some sort of massive sticking his foot in his mouth between now and then.[/b]
We are talking about Juan McCain here. He will always do or say something stupid. His constant quest to feed his overwhelming narcissistic impulses guarantees that with certainty.

He is also an extremely thin skinned man who can't take criticism well at all. Wait until the Democrats, and the Clintons start up on him.

Let's also not forget that his friends in the media who protect him when he is fucking over his own party and his own country will not run cover for him in a presidential race against a Democrat. They will revert to their default position of running cover for the Democrat and kick McCain to the curb.

He's such an extremely flawed candidate on so many levels, I am absolutely confident that he cannot win in November.

Even if he picks a very good VP candidate, it would take something bad or nasty to come out about the Democrat candidate for McCain to win. I doubt that is going to happen because the Democrats have so many years of McCain's past to use against him in their campaign.

Forget your illusions about a landslide. He's not even getting the Republican nomination with support from the conservative Republican base. Most of these primaries, anyone can vote.

"Let me give you some 'Straight Talk' my friend..."

In November the conservatives that McCain has actively worked to fuck over for many years on end will not vote for him under any circumstances. No Republican candidate for president can win the election without these people. Even if the Democrat opponent is Hillary.