Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:

You know, you all bitch at me for supporting Paul, but at least he has a plan and has ideas and is consistent! Give the man some credit!
I've given Ron Paul some credit. He has some ideas that are correct.

On the other hand he has many ideas that are completely incorrect. He has some ideas that are completely crazed. He has some ideas that would literally destroy the country. That's destroy, literally, not rhetorically.

Ron Paul is also an enormous kook. He is a crackpot.

If you took some of his good ideas and threw away all his completely kooky and crazy ideas, removed his other ideas that were just thrown in to mask veiled racism and crazy conspiracy theories, and maybe put them into another man, you might have a candidate who could generate more than 4% of the votes in one single political party.

Ron Paul was a fringe candidate who appealed to a small fringe element of society with his combined mish mash of some far left wing rhetoric, some far right wing rhetoric and a selective nit picked dose of libertarianism thrown into the mix. It was a new brand of fringe populism.

The Ron Paul revolution was dead before it got started. Ron Paul himself made it virtually impossible for him to be taken seriously.

Maybe he should have adopted a slogan from a children's show too. I don't know what the slogan from "Thomas the Tank Engine" is, but he should have checked to see if it was available. wink